Thursday, January 05, 2006

Daily Opinion

Guess I'll have to make this one short. I don't imagine many will object. :-)I heard a ring at the front door and it was a guy from the Gas Company. I have to pay $50 as a late fee on a $100 gas bill. Good lord, how do people survive?

I can't help but thinking that we Greens would benefit from an anti-utility reputation. Gas, phone, electricity, cable...it's all like Lilly Tomlin's character used to say:

"We don't care. We don't have to. We're the phone company."
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments:
what i want to know is how did you get such a small gas bill? I live south of you, heat my home to 60 degrees - and my gas bill was $250! and it hasnt even got really cold here yet!

Steven R
 
You're right of course. We do have a lower gas bill than many would have, and I really shouldn't complain too much. In fact, to keep warm and have hot water, $100 isn't too bad. It represents the October bill. December is closer to $200. I'll have to cover that one by the end of next week. Lord I hate being behind.

We live in a recently constructed home, maybe eight years old, so a lot of stuff is still tight. I imagine that, over time, the doors and windows won't fit as perfectly, and eventually drafts will begin to show.

But more than anything, I despise that "you don't have any choice" attitude. Of course, that attitude is accurate. What am I going to do, convert to propane? Think Hank Hill would make me a deal?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?