Friday, January 06, 2006

Today's Green News

I'm still trying to define what I want here. For example, I think that news about issues important to Greens would be worth covering, but again, I don't want to depend on CNN or the BBC. All of you already have access to that stuff. What I want to do would be different, and might grow into something meaningful. As per usual, click on the "Read More!" link to...well, to read more. *G*...I hope to find a way to get the press releases you might want, but never see.

Like, press releases from NORML, NOW, The Blue Ridge Environmental Defense League, the National Lawyer's Guild, the War Resister's League, and all the smaller, local groups doing such critical green work, even if not Green party work. I am only interested in promoting green values and the Green Party, not green Democrats or green Republicans.

It's going to take a bit of time to find the appropriate organizations and let them know that there are a few dozen folks out here who want to know more. Once I am able to reach these folks, I assume the press releases will flow like milk and honey.

In the meantime, I do want to leave at least one link. The BBC has established "The Green Room", a space for nature/environmental issues. In the first article the reporter says that world population issues are of great importance to planetary survival. The scientist proposes that 6 billion people is about the upper limit of global survivability, and calls this a "Green Issue". I agree 100%.

Greens are not only about the environment, but also about nonviolence, social justice, and grassroots democracy. Even so, there is no doubt that, world-wide, the word "green" is associated with an improved environment, and that is a good thing.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?