Saturday, March 11, 2006

3:30 AM

Well, I know a lot of blogs are very personal, down to the point of recording every daily move the blogger takes. I can't imagine a more boring read, but what do I know?

Mine has taken on a bit more of a personal touch since the end of last month. Because I have mentioned my personal health concerns recently, I only thought it fair to again let my readers know what the situation is.

My heart cath went very well on Thursday. I was in by 9 AM, was sedated and in surgery by 11 AM, done and on my way home by 4 PM.

The doctor says that I have some additional build up around the stents I had implanted in my heart a few years back, but all in all I am doing quite well, and there is every reason to believe that I'll live a good long time.

Right at the moment I am waiting for my nasal decongestant to work so I can breathe again and go back to sleep!

The basic good news is, I seem to be healthy. I am very happy about that.

No "Read more!" to read on this one.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments:
Of course the best of wishes to you. Get better!
 
Thanks a bunch Roger. I remind myself constantly that my difficulties pale in comparison to the suffering endured by others. Think about it. As I sit here in the air conditioned and heated comfort of a middle-class American suburban home, Clara Rojas and Ingrid Betancourt are possibly sitting on the ground, surrounded by FARC despots who may be ready to kill them at the word from some distant "Comandante". I have it very easy, which doesn't mean I don't appreciate the wordsa Roger, I really do, very much.

An elected Green sent me a very nice "get well" note not too long ago. I am very bad at being nice to people, even people I like a lot. I wish I had the spirituality and personality to be as loving and generous as this man was.

Anyway, thanks Roger. I am grateful for your kind words.

Gregg
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?