Friday, October 19, 2007

Ahmad Ali Mitchell-El runs write-in campaign

He's seeking the post of County Executive in Suffolk County, New York.

I wrote earlier saying that I didn't understand why people engage in write-in campaigns, and I should have explained that further.

The reason I wrote that is, a local fellow ran as a write-in for City Council across the river in Rock Hill, SC. He could have had his name appear on the ballot by simply filling out the paperwork in a timely fashion, but he did not. This set of circumstances do not apply to Mitchell-El, nor did it apply to Peter Healy in New Paltz. I do understand write-in campaigns when the system keeps us off the ballot, and I hope Mitchell-El kicks some serious write-in butt, as I do Healy.

For more on Mitchell-El's run, click here
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?