Monday, April 16, 2007

New Paltz Mayoral Debate

It's coivered by the Poughkeepsie Journal and frankly, Jason West comes out pretty darn good to me. The Democrat sounds like a rather typical Business Democrat, not that I am opposed to Business, I own one. I didn't like reading that Jason wouldn't talk much about a retirement community being proposed because of current litigation, but I supposed that's the way it is. The project sounds good. As an almost 50 year old, I can assure you that I am sensitive to the need for top quality senior care.

I am also acutely aware that my generation is bankrupting the next. I am also aware that many baby-boomers are responsible for the destruction we have brought to the environment. It looks like this project got serious benefit from having Greens on the Village Council.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments:
Hi Gregg:
Bob here again. FYI, one of the first things Jason did as Mayor was try and derail this project. Four years later (and it still hasn't broken ground), he's trying to present himself as an impartial mediator. He's also getting rid of incentives for developers to build senior housing. Jason cares about no one under 18 and no over 35.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?