Sunday, March 12, 2006

Angry

My loving and very sane wife of 25 years has told me on a few occasions lately that I am too angry. Not at her, but at the world at large, and the establishment in particular. As I have mentioned here before, I tend to mistrust all establishment, even Green establishment. This mistrust turns eventually to frustration, anger and all sorts of negatives.

I look at the world as it actually is and get mad. I think about all the Earth could have if we human beings would get our collective heads out of our asses and begin to create the loving community of solidarity and compassion we all hope for. The trillions spent on the war machines kill innocents as surely as the bullets and bombs bought with those same trillions. Money spent to kill cannot be spent on salvation.

I wish this sort of thing didn't make me mad, but it does. Anyone know where I can get an injection of Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi or Bertrand Russell? The good Lord knows I need it!
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?