Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Minor changes

I apologize for not posting the last couple of days, and for doing less today than I would prefer. This is one of those messages without a "Read more!", so don't click the link...there ain't no more. :-)

I have found out that there are a lot of folks visiting the website GreenParty.com. If you do so, you will see that what is there is a search engine which returns advertising. When folks type "Green Party" into the greenparty.com website, the first link they see is one for this blog, in an advertisement I have bought via Yahoo!

Now, the ad needs revamping, and I'll do that tonight, but the main point is that folks using that search engine are obviously looking for us in the first place.

I have placed a "Donate" button to my Pay Pal account. If anyone cares to contribute, that money will be used for two things:

1. I will continue the Yahoo! ads, with a special focus on getting folks from Maine and environs to see the advert.

2. I will find mainstream media outlets in Maine which run advertisements and buy ads there.

The links created will go to a page here which will include links to the Maine Green Independent Party, each local chapter, and each announced candidate. Of course, I also hope the ads will draw continuing readership.

Anyway, the PayPal "Donate" button is at the bottom of the page. If you like the idea of targeting advertising for this site to try to drive folks to the Maine party and their candidates, and assuming you have the $$ to spare, toss in a few. I'll report on how the money's been used etc at the end of the month.

The counter that is above the "Donate" button doesn't seem to want to show up on my screen. I use Firefox. The link is there though, even if you can't spot it. You can still click on it if you care to, and website visits etc are right there for you to see.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?