Saturday, December 10, 2005

Making a Difference With Your Holiday Dollars

I get a weekly email from a fantastic guy named Eric Lee. His site, LabourStart.org is a repository of great value. Between the various campaigns they have conducted, most successful in every sense of the word, and the other ideas and information there, the site is very valuable.

Another thing I like about these emails is that there is always a simple action that can be taken, and by doing so, you can help grow the labor movement, which I truly do believe is a green movement too. In the latest I was able to send off a complaint to a New Zealand employer, and learn more about sweatshop free clothes that will make great gifts and support unionized workers across the planet.

Listen, I'd rather you made a gift, or went to a cool locally owned "Retro-Clothing" store than be part of the commercialization of the holidays, but if you're going to buy stuff, and I know I am, then buying with your heart and mind makes all the sense in the world.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?