Saturday, December 10, 2005

Ms. Veep to Ms. Governor?

Pat LaMarche, Vice Presidential nominee of the Green Party running with David Cobb as the Presidential nominee, has announced that she will be on the ballot running hard for Governor of Maine in 2006.

The Bangor News reports that:

"Ending weeks of speculation, Pat LaMarche announced Thursday she will seek the Green Independent Party's nomination for governor in 2006." The article goes on to say "LaMarche took out papers Thursday with the state Commission on Governmental Ethics and Election Practices in preparation to run as a publicly funded candidate under the Maine Clean Election Act. She has until April 15 to gather 2,000 signatures and $2,500 in $5 contributions in support of her campaign to meet eligibility requirements under the law. As a clean election candidate for a recognized party, the 45-year-old Yarmouth resident could qualify for as much as $1.8 million in public funds for her campaign."

The fact that LaMarche is running a clean elections campaign, funded by the people, and the fact that Maine has the largest percentage of registered Greens in the nation means that there may be reason to believe she can win. At least LaMarche thinks there's reason to be optimistic.

And I imagine she's right! Read the words of Democratic Party state party chairman Pat Colwell: "Pat LaMarche's entrance in this race is a reckless misguided decision," sounds a bit like the Democrats are gearing up to use scare tactics instead of organizing in 2006. A sad day it is indeed when the leader of a state party goes out of his way to discourage other parties from running qualified candidates for electoral offices.

The offices belong to the people, not the corporate parties and their financial backers.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments:
There's a tactic that's used in the computer industry that is, essentially, what's happening here: good ol' FUD, "fear, uncertainty, and doubt". The Democrats, as per usual, bring nothing to the table except for these things. Lacking a true message for the American people, they instead seek to suppress others.

This is precisely what must be stressed in all of these cases where Democrats spread their FUD: challenge them to actually bring a message to the table. They can't; we can.
 
Thanks for participating Steve, and I hope you'll keep me on my toes. I'm not going to comit to doing what Ken so kindly did for us, but I feel sure that between this and all the other great folks blogging, we'll be able to get and aggrogate real Green news. That will be a wonderful day indeed!

I am a compulsive gambler. Like many folks with impulse control disorders, I have found the "Twelve Steps" have literally saved my life. IN studying these principals I discovered that I prefered living in the chaos I was creating by my inability to control myself. I prefered chaos not only because I was sick, but because I was comfortable with it. It fit me to be in a state of constant stress. It was killing me, but I didn't FEAR it, I was afraid of change!

The video poker operators knew how to play on that fear. "Wow, I hope you win back some of that money you lost. That was an entire paycheck!" Sounds like she's being nice to me, but in fact she's setting up the fear...will I be able to pay my bills? Will my wife find out? What will happen? Better win it back...and loose all the more!

Democrats and Republicans play that same game. They lie to us, generate fear every day. Fear that "they" are "weak on defence" or they are "beholden to the rich" Well guess what my friend, they BOTH are beholden to the rich, and they BOTH are on a permanent testerone diet when it comes to the military.

You're right. We ARE the party that has the plan. We ARE the party with the values. We ARE the party to lead the people to a state of self-realization. And we must get over ourselves, get over the FEAR...of each other, of success, of failure...and get busy working together. There is no limit to what we can accomplish if we don't care who gets the credit, and if everyone shares the blame.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?