Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A former Republican is now a Green

Wesley Rolley of Morgan Hill, CA says that he was a Republican until the party left him, but is now a Green and hopes we don't leave him as the Republicans did.

Many of us Greens assume that our members are uniformly disenchanted former democrats, but this is not the case. In my opinion, many of us were left behind by both corporate parties so long ago that it's meaningless to consider us "fallen away" Democrats. I voted D in 1976, and not since. Am I a former Democrat? I don't think of myself that way, and I doubt you do either.

Independence! Freedom! Justice! Peace! Sanity! That's what I want, and that is what the Democrats and Republicans will never deliver to us.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?