Sunday, July 30, 2006

The definition of "is"

The National Women's Caucus was going to "reveal all" at the Annual National Meeting in Tucson according to a national party leader who wrote to tell me that I didn't know what I was talking about in the Stephanie Lawless/NWC dispute. Well, I am still waiting, and thought that I might illustrate my distrust of the National Women's Caucus leadership.

In an exchange on a National Committee email list on the topic came the following:

Member of the National Women's Caucus leadership:
As our report stated, we asked the applicant repeatedly to submit the application with the verification section filled in, but it was sent back again and again without it.

Member of the Lavender Caucus:
Of course, the Caucus membership application form explicitly tells applicants that the verification section is to be separately completed and submitted to the Caucus by the "state Green Party chair/co-chairs (or national GPUS delegates or membership secretary)". Stephanie could not herself complete it however much she may have wanted to.

Did Caucus officers not inquire with the chair/ co-chairs? I do not for one minute believe she failed to forward the verification section to s/he/them for their completion of the section.


Now, maybe it's just me folks, but this is the sort of manipulation I have come to expect in this matter. If the National Committee has granted the National Women's Caucus the right to discriminate in their membership policies, that still does not justify their refusal to give an applicant a straight answer.

The National Women's Caucus has not as yet shown any justice to Stephanie Lawless as far as I can tell, and their deceptive and secretive ways have led me to conclude that every member of the NWC leadership is suspect and not deserving of support in any campaign for party leadership.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?