Sunday, June 18, 2006

Can you say "Futility"? I knew that you could.

Forgive me Mr. Rogers. The devil made me do it.

United for Peace and Justice, a coalition of local to national groups of various sizes who oppose the war on Iraq and share other common goals, is calling on voters to "Pledge, No Peace, no Vote"

Now here's the thing. In my district, I can vote for a pro-war Democrat who will oppose the war when pink polka dotted monkeys fly out his ass, or a pro-war Republican who would oppose the war when he witnessed the same event, or vote for no one. Of course I can vote write-in, but I am no fan of such things in a state where seven parties have ballot access.

So I'll likely let the rest of the voters decide that race. I don't want to support the corporate parties one whit, and not voting for any of them makes sense to me.

Anyway, if you think it could possibly influence your legislator, go for it. Personally I think it would be a real waste of time for me.

Nothing behind the "Read more!" link.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?