Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Can it get any worse?

I plan to take some time soon and write about the situation in Darfur. As I wrote a local reporter recently, if The Prez and the Sec of State declares that genocide is happening, then does nothing to stop it, is he not responsible for the deaths? Does that not make him a war criminal? I don't know. How do you stop this violence and bloodshed with non-violence? Is there a way to radically transform the situation there so that the killing ends?

Again, the Associated Press has a piece in my "local" newspaper. I put local in quotes because it's owned by the McClatchy Group out of Sacramento, not what I call really local.

Anyway, hit the link. I'm really struggling with this one. So many lives, and what did we mean when we said "Never again"? Never again will we allow genocide, or we will never again allow genocide of white people??
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?