Thursday, March 23, 2006

I lied

I should have turned the computer off when I had a chance! ~chuckle~

I got an email from Africa Action inviting me to help end the genocide in Darfur, Sudan.

This is such a real issue gang, and in many ways Africa may wind up being the best testing ground for Green ideas...but not if it continues to be a killing field.

Please do consider sending a letter to your local paper, especially a small one. I continue to believe that a letter in the "San Pedro Advertiser" gets more attention, when sent to the elected officials so they see it, than a letter in the New York Times.

Besides, even I can get published in the Fort Mill Times or the Clover Herald, but getting into the Washington Post is out of reach anyway.

It's like this in some ways. We can complain that we don't get coverage, or we can create our own, like this, or reach out to those who don't reject us out-of-hand, and those are mainly smaller local publications.

Nothing behind the "Read more!" link, so don't bother. :-)
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?