Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Steering Committee recall redux

I am committed to the Green Party, and as such try, perhaps poorly, to focus on the positive. I don't avoid unpleasantness entirely, but I do try to use this blog and my other activities to promote the party. Frankly, I think we represent the best hope for the globe today, not just in the US, but world-wide.

I noted in an earlier post the names of those who cast votes to remove members of the Steering Committee. One of the names was that of Rebecca Rotzler, a co-chair and member of the Steering Committee herself.

Ms. Rotzler is very busy I am certain, and as such may have precious little time to respond to inquiries like mine, but she was kind enough to reply.

I asked Ms. Rotzler why she voted in favor of impeachment for most of the Steering Committee members in question, but did not vote to remove Jody Haug. I also asked her what impact she felt her vote might have on her working relationship with the other SC members.

She wrote back and I followed that with a suggestion of what I might say based on our email conversation. Here's what I came up with, and I think it fairly represents Ms. Rotzler's position.

Ms. Rotzler wrote in response to an email inquiry that she fills an
at-large seat on the National Committee representing Greens all across
New York, and as such she cast her votes as she did because they
represented the majority position in her state as indicated by votes cast by regional National Committee representatives.

As I said, I know Ms. Rotzler is busy, and she didn't respond to my question about how the folks on the Steering Committee might react to her after her vote. I hope she'll stop by and offer her point of view, but I know that first things must come first, and this blog ain't nobody's first thing...except maybe mine. :-)
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?