Wednesday, October 24, 2007

WKSU sez Robbins is long-time Green

The "celebrity" factor is always at play in politics. I don't put Ralph Nader nor Cynthia McKinney into the celebrity category because their reputation is not for their jokes or performances, but for the work they have done in the arena of public affairs.

Tin Robbins is a celebrity, and I imagine he would acknowledge such. According to this article at WKSU, Robbins is a long time member of the Green Party.

I think it is to our credit that we don't flog our celebrity members. I have read about Bonnie Raitt and Patti Smith being members, and I know that Al Lewis (Grandpa Munster) and Malachy McCourt have run for office with the Green Party, but that still is not the same as Whoopie Goldberg or "The Rock" using their considerable talents to promote the Democrats and Republicans.
AddThis Social Bookmark Button
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?